Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Have a Fairy Happy Birthday!

Time For Pink Duck #2's Birthday Party now...just from August...I'm not that far behind!

Maren turned 5 and wanted a Fairy Gymnastics Party, along the lines of Greta's 5th Butterfly Gymnastics Party.

I let her pick out the invitations, and she chose these, which are beautiful!


We had the party at our local gym where the girls take classes.  I made this tied fabric banner, which, like most of our party decorations, now resides in the party recipients room.  So fun to make things that can be used as room decor!

The banner was very easy to make - one long strip of torn fabric...lots of smaller strips...tied around the longer one.  It's not rocket science.






Downstairs we decorated the main tables with a wood-grain tablecloth my MIL had, and then some moss sheets from Joann's.  These are pricey - so be sure to use a coupon when you buy them.  Friends of ours gave us the wood stumps they had used for a previous fairy party, and I cut out leaves and fairy silhouettes with...wait for it...my Silhouette!  We also added some Fairy Houses (1$ bird houses from Joann's) that Maren and I painted together.  

The loose gemstones you see were part of the craft the girls did when they arrived (same as Greta's!)  They decorated Dollar Tree wings from Halloween (such a great time to stock up!) with the jewels and glitter glue.






Notice the re-use of the green Target buckets with the chalboard labels from Daisy's Frog Pond Party!  I discovered, accidentally, that if you have two-birthday's-two-weeks-apart, keeping the color scheme similar can really pay off!



Next the girls went upstairs for gymnastics.



While I changed out the craft supplies for Fairy-Sized (mini) cupcakes!  


In keeping with the Purple and Green color scheme we had green hills with Mushroom toppers and purple cupcakes with Fairy Wings.  

The mushroom toppers were cut out with the Silhouette and then sandwiched with glue around a toothpick.  Super simple.
The Fairy Wings are purple Molding Chocolate piped onto wax paper and sprinkled with purple sugar.  I really needed some Disco Dust...but the candy store I visit moved further away from us, and I had to make do with what I had.  





Brian and I drilled holes in this log to use as a cake pop stand.  The cake pops were supposed to look like flowers.  I'm not sure they do, but the leaves helped.  They were cut from the Silhouette and then I used an Exacto Knife to cut a small x to slip the cake pop stick through.


The girls drank Fairy Refreshing Punch - Juice Boxes wrapped with bark-like paper and glued on cut-outs.  I also slipped a leaf (as above) over the straw.





The Goody Bags were also Silhouette creations.  (I had just gotten the machine.)  I cut out grass, Fairy Silhouettes, and Mushrooms and glued them to simple Brown Paper Bags.  Included were: a White Chocolate Pretzel, made from a 4th of July Molding Kit, as a Magic Fairy Wand,  A green Fairy Fan (Oriental Trading) and  Wooden Mushroom Top (also Oriental Trading.)  I cut the tags and names with the Silhouette as well, and used raw edged fabric (like the banner) to tie the tags and the top of the bags.




Happy Birthday Maren!



2 comments:

Sarah B said...

I saw this on your FB page and had to leave you a note to say how awesome it all was! Love the idea and I'm sure your own sweet little fairy loved every minute of it all! Great job mama!

Sapna said...

Where did you find those invitations? They are perfect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...